Rough Draft #2 of Sense Data poem was due today. I had asked students to type it.
1. Today, we were in the computer lab to format poems. Those who did not type their poems over the weekend had the opportunity to do so in the computer lab, today. Some students also had an opportunity to share their writing with me and to seek suggestions and advice as they moved forward in the writing process.
2. After formatting poems, students were to do a practice writing activity using Narrative Analysis and Writing Technique #2 - INTROSPECTION. Students were asked to choose a scenario from the list ( handout is attached, below) and to write the scene, including INTROSPECTION ( the internal dialogue that allows the reader to be privy to a character's thoughts and feelings). This piece of writing should be approx. 1/2 of page long. THIS WAS NOT ASSIGNED AS HOMEWORK. This activity will continue in class on Wednesday.
3. Tomorrow is LIBRARY DAY. Students are asked to bring their book(s) to exchange and silent reading materials. During the 2nd half of the class, students will work, once again, with their peer editors to share and edit Draft #2 of their Sense Data Poems.
- Mon. Nov 24th – Draft #2 was due today
- Tues. Nov25th – Library Day and Peer Editing Draft #2. Be sure to have a hard copy ( printed copy)
- Fri. Nov 28th – Draft #3 Due
- Fri 28th – Final chance to Peer Edit/Share rough drafts
- Tues. Dec 2nd – Good Copies(2) & Writing Process Package Due