Today’s Reading Strategy was “Word Solve.”
Find the meaning of a word you do not understand.
How do you know? (dictionary, etc.)
How is your understanding affected?
Presentations of “Hands” Assignments finished up today.
Technique # 1 – Sense Data
We continued working on the technique of Sense Data.
Where we previously worked together to chart the Sense Data for “Cliffhanger” by Dilys Winn, students worked INDIVIDUALLY to:
- Re-read the poem “After Apple-Picking” by Robert Frost
- Highlight or Underline any examples of Sense Data in the poem
- Categorize and chart the Sense Data using the graphic organizer
* Those that did not finish charting the sense data for “After Apple-Picking” were asked to finish this for homework.
Reading Logs will be assessed by way of peer assessment on Monday November 10th.
Students were given a copy of the rubric and will be given time in class tomorrow to do the following:
- Choose ONE reading log entry.
- You must choose a STRATEGY entry; which strategy is up to you.
- Using the rubric criteria, you will revise and add detail to your journal entry on a separate piece of loose-leaf.
- A peer will use the rubric you have been given to assess your entry.
- These will be collected by Ms. George.
- Ms. George will then assess using the exact same rubric.