Today was a class of collecting, organizing and explaining routines that we will follow for the year. below, please find what was addressed in today's class.
A) Homework ( Qui Suis Je posters and written sentence presentations were collected)
* Please note - 25 % of 705 didn't have homework complete and ready to hand in and individuals were told to stay in at lunch hour to complete their work.
- 33% of 7-4 didn't have homework complete and ready to hand in and individuals were told to stay in at lunch hour to complete their work.
B) Homework expectations and consequences for incomplete homework were explained.
C) Library visits were addressed. Both 704 and 705 are scheduled to visit the library every 2nd Tuesday starting tomorrow. Students are permitted to borrow up to three books every two weeks. 1) French Book
2) English book
3) another book of the student's choice
- Students are to sit only two to a table when visiting the library. One boy and one girl per table.
- Students are expected to be reading or completing work as assigned when in the library
- Library day does not mean socializing with friends day but rather, reading ( and sometimes writing about the reading) day.
C) Students organized their Writing duo-tangs ( Writing Journal & Creative Writing for the most part)
D) Students organized their Reading duotang.
I went over the process for Guided Reading.
We stopped here.
E) Below, please find the rubric and outcomes for the Qui Suis Je presentations that will begin on Wednesday.
704 & 705
If you have not yet brought in your Immunization forms of other homeroom forms, those are to be handed in ASAP, s.v.p. As per Mr. Wicha's morning announcement, students who have not submitted their forms by the end of the week will not be permitted to attend the first school dance of the year ( directive from administration).
Immunization forms Needed from:
White registration form