We continued learning about Les ACadiens
1) Previously, Students labelled a map of Nova Scotia with the Acadian Communities/Regions found in our province.
2) Today we learned how to communicate ( in speaking and writing) Where do I live? Where do you live? where do the Acadians live? etc) ( Please see the models and examples we made together on the PowerPoint as attached, below.
3) As a review from what we learned last class, we looked at one element of Culture - FOOD.
Last class we made sentences describing what people eat. Today, we focussed on learning about Foods that are related to Acadian Culture. Namely, RAPURE ( aka Rappie Pie)
** PLEASE FIND THE MODEL SENTENCES STUDENTS LEARNED AND PRACTICED IN THE POWERPOINT BELOW.
** STUDENTS SHOULD ALL HAVE THESE MODEL SENTENCES, THAT WE MADE TOGETHER, IN THEIR NOTES.
Next time we will:
A) We will practice sentence structures used to communicate "What we eat" and learned about a dish the Acadians are famous for.. "RAPURE) ( also known as RAPPIE PIE)
4) Students will watch a video to learn about RAPURE/Rappie Pie
5) We will create a vocabulary list with the ingredients/food items found in RAPURE/RAPPIE PIE